Hypertension: Seven natural home remedies to lower high blood pressure!
When it comes to lowering your blood pressure, these vegan foods are among your best bets.
Garlic contains allicin, one of the most beneficial high blood pressure remedies. A study conducted by researchers from the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences investigated the effects of time-released garlic powder tablets on men with mild to moderate high blood pressure.
• Eating 5 to six pods of fresh garlic everyday on an empty stomach will help to effectively reduce hypertension.
• You can also extract garlic juice by crushing about 10 pods of garlic.
• Add five to six drops of this garlic juice in four teaspoons of water and drink it twice a day to get relief from high blood pressure.
Curry leaves are very low on sodium and are high on potassium contents, so it can refrain blood pressure levels from rising. This makes the curry leaves highly beneficial for hypertension.
• Boil 25 to 30 curry leaves in a glass of water.
• Bring this to room temperature and strain off the leaves.
• Drink this medicated water early in the morning on an empty stomach to reduce your high blood pressure levels effectively.
Lemon helps in making the blood vessels soft by removing the rigidity of the vessels. This will in turn help in lowering hypertension. It is rich in Vitamin B and will not just reduce your high blood pressure but will also keep your heart healthy.
• Make it a point to drink 5 to 6 glasses of fresh lemon water every day.
• It is ideal for you to add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a glass of warm water. Drink this on an empty stomach everyday to lower high blood pressure.
• It would be better for you to drink lemon juice without sugar or salt. You can mix it with honey.
Ginger is a potent blood thinner and anti-inflammatory agent that can help you reduce your blood pressure. You can try commercial organic ginger teas, or make your own from ginger root. Simply chop the root into small pieces and boil for about five minutes. You can also use sliced or grated ginger to spice up any dish
• Add 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to a teaspoon of honey.
• Now mix a teaspoon of cumin powder to honey and ginger juice mixture.
• Mix well and consume this twice daily to reduce high blood pressure.
Celery contains phytochemicals known as phthalides, which relax the muscle tissue in the artery walls, enabling increased blood flow and, in turn, lowering blood pressure.
• Try to take one stalk of celery bunch or ad celery leaves and stalk in your daily vegetable salad to help in lowering blood pressure levels.
• Consume a glass of water also along with the celery stalk.
Some studies by researchers have shown that daily banana consumption, can help lower blood pressure.
• Make it a habit to eat at least two bananas a day as it is low in sodium and free from cholesterol.
• You can also include raisins, baked sweet potatoes, spinach, dried apricots and orange juice in your diet to reduce high blood pressure levels.
Baked white potatoes
Baked white potatoes are rich in both magnesium and potassium, two vital nutrients for heart health. When potassium is low, the body retains extra sodium (and too much sodium raises blood pressure). On the other hand, when you eat a potassium-rich diet, the body becomes more efficient at getting rid of excess sodium. Like potassium, magnesium is also a key player in promoting healthy blood flow. Therefore, maintaining a healthy balance of both minerals can help keep high blood pressure at bay.